1. At the time that the Spanish conquistador’s invaded the Inca Empire, they were armed with state of the art weaponry. Describe this weaponry.
They used steel swords, guns and also armor. this gave them an advantage over the inca. They also rode horses.
2. What is Jared Diamond’s explanation for why the Spanish had advanced to steel swords while Inca’s were still making tools and weapons from bronze?
Because of their geographical location. They were near to Fertile Crescent. They also had people who specialised in making swords and these people were devoted to creating the best swords which was because of their diverted community
3. How did the battle tactics used by the Spanish conquistadors help the small army defeat the Inca army that outnumbered it by the thousands?
They went in on horseback while firing guns and wielding swords, and while the Incas were scared and were fleeing, they went around picking them off by cutting them with their swords from horseback. If the Inca’s had held their ground and fought them off instead of fleeing, the conquistadors would not have won the battle.
4. According to Jared Diamond, what made the Europeans “accidental conquerors”?
The europeans has advantages because of their geographical location as well as their history which allowed them get things like guns, germs and steel which were all things which aided them in conquering the less developed civilisations.
5. Considering the entire scope of European exploration of the new world, what was the greater impact on world history? In other words, how did European exploration and conquest of the New World shape our world today? Please give three specific examples. You may use outside sources to answer this question, but please use citations.
I think it changed the course of history very much. If the europeans never conquered America, the civilisations which were the Incas and the Aztecs would have probably grown stronger. There could have been a whole different country called Inca if they were not conquered and the land in America would have had to be split for more countries to share. The europeans would find out about America eventually but by that time the civilisations which were living there might have been more powerful.